VMware Workstation v7.1.0 Build 261024 Final
VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers / testers and enterprise IT professionals that runs multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Users can run Windows, Linux, NetWare, or Solaris x86 in fully networked, portable virtual machines – no rebooting or hard drive partitioning required. VMware Workstation delivers excellent performance and advanced features such as memory optimization and the ability to manage multi-tier configurations. Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators. With millions of customers and dozens of major product awards over the last six years, VMware Workstation is a proven technology that improves productivity and flexibility. An indispensable tool for software developers and IT professionals worldwide.
Size | Size: 567 Mb OS | OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 Official Website | Home Page: www.vmware.com Interface | Interface: English VMware Workstation v7.1.0 Build 261024 Final + Keys
VMware Workstation – program is designed for workstations, enables a computer to emulate a standalone working environment of the operating system and work with him as with a conventional system. Using this method you can install different operating systems and applications for them, go online and do everyday tasks, but with somewhat slower speeds. The benefit of this method is tested various software under various operating systems, while not causing harm to the current system, installed on my main computer, as well as some test hardware solutions. Could life greatly facilitate cross-platform applications and lovers to work with the new OS.
Among the new features VMware Workstation 7:
– Enhancements to support 3D. OpenGL 2.1 and Shader Model 3.0 are supported in virtual machines, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. (Indirectly, this should mean support for Aero in Windows Vista – approx. From the author’s news).
– Support for new model drivers Windows Display Driver Model for Windows 7 – There is only 2D acceleration and support only one monitor, the driver uses 32MB RAM. If you want to run 3d applications in Windows 7, you must configure it to use the old SVGAII driver from VMWare.
– Support vSphere 4.0 and ESX support. Professionals can now run these technologies as a guest systems and check how they are suited to your organization. ESX is currently supported only on processors that support hardware acceleration for virtualization (all Intel Core 2 and above, AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2/Phenom and above).
– Support for multiprocessors expanded to four-processor SMP systems, which allows you to use all the features of your equipment. VMWare allows you to allocate for the guest system with four virtual single-core processors with two dual-core and one quad.
– Virtual allows you to print even without a printer to print on all printers host OS – printers are added to the guest OS automatically and do not require a network.
– Download VMWare tools on the Internet on demand. VMWare added the ability to download via the Internet the latest version of VMWare Tools including for the new OS, which will improve support for new systems without waiting for the release of a new version of VMWare WorkStation.
– AutoProtect – a new opportunity to create snapshot’ov virtual machine on a schedule for the possibility of rapid recovery of the guest OS.
– Encrypting the virtual machine – VMWare now supports encryption (AES 128-bit) and password protection of virtual machines. Running these cars works in VMWare Player.
– Support for IPv6 was added to the compounds of the bridge (direct connection of virtual machines to physical network).
– Support for ALSA. Finally VMWare has support sound output to ALSA, which will simultaneously output sound from the host OS and a guest without blocking the sound device.
– Pause – an opportunity that was in VirtualBox from the outset, appeared to VMWare. Now you can temporarily stop the implementation of guest OS and free up resources for the system.
– Improvements in technology Drag and Drop. Support drag and drop images, formatted e-mail attachments and zip folders is now supported in Windows, and in Linux.
– Improved support for debugging the guest OS mode replay (“play”). Read the documentation.
– Expansion of the virtual disks. It is now possible to expand virtual disks and Windows Vista and Windows 7 can take advantage of this opportunity without having to run additional software (Linux LVM should also support this feature – approx. Author News).
– Linux OS can now mount the virtual disk images via Fuse.
– Improved user interface for managing virtual networks.
– Centralized collection of information for customer support – you can easily click a button to collect detailed information about the guest and the host system, compress it and send a service tech support or attach to the forums VMWare.